MRI Tech Assistant
At Oregon Advanced Imaging, we take pride in our exceptional team of technologists and staff. We seek similarly minded employees who understand the importance of providing extraordinary service to the physicians and patients we serve. OAI understands that it’s not just the advanced technology that makes us stand apart—it is the dedication and professionalism of a superior staff that keeps us at the forefront of imaging in our region. OAI offers an excellent benefits package.
The MRI Assistant is responsible for assisting the MRI Technologist in preparing and escorting patients for MRI examinations. This includes screening patients for safety, taking medical histories, transporting patients in a safe manner. Other responsibilities may include documenting records to electronic charts; maintaining work areas and working collaboratively with technical, nursing and office staff. This position in classified as non-exempt under FLSA. Full-time evening shift position that may include occasional Saturdays.
- Reports to work as scheduled and on time per policy. Time away from work is approved and taken in accordance with established policies.
- Takes all reasonable steps to maintain confidentiality of all information related to patients, medical staff, employees, and as appropriate, other information, ensuring compliance with HIPAA mandates.
- Demonstrates positive interpersonal communications in dealing with all others. Recognizes and respects differences in the work place. Demonstrates openness, sensitivity and commitment to the coworkers, patients, family members, and any other visitors to OAI.
- Consistently demonstrates and incorporates principles of safety and infection control into daily activities. Uses protective equipment and takes appropriate precautions whenever there is potential contact with blood, body fluids and/or chemicals. Maintains current knowledge of disaster policies and participates appropriately in disaster drills. Expresses and applies principles of body mechanics to prevent injury and accidents.
- Displays consistent commitment to customer service and team work. Displays personal behavior that has a positive impact on the organization.
- Demonstrates personal commitment to staying current in field of knowledge, expanding knowledge and skill, and contributing to organizational success.
- Displays ability to work in an ever-changing environment and participate constructively in change processes.
- Attends staff meetings, completes education program as requested or approved by OAI.
- Assists Technologist in preparing patient for MRI examination, to include preparation of scan room, scan table, and coils pacific to body part being scanned.
- Accurately completes patient paperwork and screening forms in efficient manner, and verbally communicate all contraindications or unusual findings to Technologist.
- Additionally highlighting and circling in red all pertinent information.
- Maintains current CPR certification. Participates in company sponsored training when offered.
- When requested faxes patient reports and records in a timely manner.
- Communicates well with all staff and public; demonstrates excellent customer service.
- Maintains work area in a clean and tidy manner, and reports the condition photocopier and fax machine to Office Manager or Clinical Director, as appropriate.
- Conducts research to locate missing records, if any that are necessary for completing cases.
- Reviews and prepares records for the next day’s scheduled examinations on a daily basis.
- Performs other related duties as requested.
- High school graduate or G.E.D. required.
- One year (1) previous medical experience, C.N.A and/or phlebotomy experience preferred.
- CPR certified
- Proficient knowledge and use of medical terminology.
- Able to meet the mental and physical demands of this position
- Previous office experience including computer data entry and alpha-numerical filing.
- Ability to prioritize duties in work schedule.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and be a cooperative team player who works well under stressful situations with staff, physicians and patients.
- Demonstrates good customer service at all times.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills required. Proper grammar skills required, including speaking, reading and writing.