Customer Service Specialist Supervisor – Medical Office
At Oregon Advanced Imaging, we take pride in our exceptional team of technologists and staff. We seek similarly minded employees who understand the importance of providing extraordinary service to the physicians and patients we serve. OAI understands that it’s not just the advanced technology that makes us stand apart—it is the dedication and professionalism of a superior staff that keeps us at the forefront of imaging in our region. OAI offers an excellent benefits package.
The Customer Service Specialist Supervisor (CSS) oversees and manages staff resources to maintain the patient schedule and ensure accuracy of patient demographics through continued guidance and instruction of the CSS and Front Desk Specialist teams. This position is classified as non-exempt under FLSA.
- Reports to work as scheduled and on time per policy with predictable regular attendance. Time away from work is approved and taken in accordance with established policies.
- Takes all reasonable steps to maintain confidentiality of all information related to patients, medical staff, employees, and as appropriate, other information, ensuring compliance with HIPAA mandates.
- Demonstrates positive interpersonal communications in dealing with all others. Recognizes and respects differences in the work place. Demonstrates openness, sensitivity and commitment to the coworkers, patients, family members, and any other visitors to OAI.
- Consistently demonstrates and incorporates principles of safety and infection control into daily activities. Uses protective equipment and takes appropriate precautions whenever there is potential contact with blood, body fluids and/or chemicals. Maintains current knowledge of disaster policies and participates appropriately in disaster drills. Expresses and applies principles of body mechanics to prevent injury and accidents.
- Displays consistent commitment to customer service and team work. Displays personal behavior that has a positive impact for the team.
- Demonstrates personal commitment to staying current in field of knowledge, expanding knowledge and skill, and contributing to organizational success.
- Displays ability to work in an ever-changing environment and participate constructively in change processes.
- Attends staff meetings, completes education program as requested or approved by OAI; leads team meetings and huddles.
- Provides daily order counts, schedule status and daily staffing details to management; collaborates with Supervisors, Managers and Directors to determine a daily plan of action. Works with Clinic Director on annual schedule for holiday and maintenance closures.
- Determines type of patient. i.e. in or out patient, special needs, pediatric, etc., obtains insurance information and schedules all inpatients and outpatients for same day and future appointments.
- Monitors pending orders for age, issue, status and follow up with teams to determine needed action.
- Assists teams with difficult, STAT, Urgent, RN assisted and biopsy orders.
- Liaison to referring offices in communicating OAI policy changes, ordering requirements, office procedures and general support; patient liaison.
- Coaches staff on performance. Initial disciplinary processes as required by policy, documenting and delivering corrective action when necessary.
- Provides annual reviews and makes a salary adjustment recommendation to leadership.
- Manages timecards, time off requests, sick calls and staffing coverage as needed.
- Maintains team handbooks.
- Maintains interpretive contacts for hearing impaired, sight impaired and ESL patients.
- Works as a back-up for CSS and Front Desk Specialist teams as needed; see Customer Service Specialist and Front Desk Specialist job descriptions for required skills.
- Provides support the Front Desk Lead as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum two years supervisory experience required and extensive knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
- High School graduate/GED required
- AA degree preferred
- Thorough knowledge of office procedures and etiquette; able to use good judgement in making timely and sound decisions.
- Able to provide outstanding customer service to patients, referring providers and staff in a professional and confident manner.
- Exhibits confidence in self and others; inspires and motivates self and others to perform well.
- Excellent verbal and non-verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively manage difficult situations, challenging personalities and diverse individuals in a calm, assertive and respectful manner.
- Able to communicate and influence change effectively in both written and oral forms.
- Able to establish priorities, organize work, problem solve, implement change and determine system improvements with little supervision and in a constantly changing environment.
- Must be pleasant, cooperative, and practice good public relations at all times with the ability to listen without interrupting and request clarification when needed.
- Must possess excellent computer skills.
- Able to meet the mental and physical demands of this position (see ADA Form).
Thank you for your interest. Please apply now at: https://oaimaging.applicantpool.com/jobs/