MRI Technologist – On Call
Are you looking for additional income to supplement your current career as an MRI Technologist? If so, Oregon Advanced Imaging is looking for an On Call MRI Technologist.
The MRI Technologist operates MRI equipment to make clinical diagnostic images as directed by physicians and performs diagnostic procedures per protocols, ensuring patient/visitor comfort and safety during exam. This position in classified as non-exempt under FLSA.
- Reports to work as scheduled and on time per policy with predictable regular attendance. Time away from work is approved and taken in accordance with established policies.
- On call position to be available, as needed.
- Takes all reasonable steps to maintain confidentiality of all information related to patients, medical staff, employees, and as appropriate, other information, ensuring compliance with HIPAA mandates.
- Demonstrates positive interpersonal communications in dealing with all others. Recognizes and respects differences in the work place. Demonstrates openness, sensitivity and commitment to the coworkers, patients, family members, and any other visitors to OAI.
- Consistently demonstrates and incorporates principles of safety and infection control into daily activities. Uses protective equipment and takes appropriate precautions whenever there is potential contact with blood, body fluids and/or chemicals. Maintains current knowledge of disaster policies and participates appropriately in disaster drills. Expresses and applies principles of body mechanics to prevent injury and accidents.
- Displays consistent commitment to customer service and team work. Displays personal behavior that has a positive impact for the team.
- Demonstrates personal commitment to staying current in field of knowledge, expanding knowledge and skill, and contributing to organizational success. Participates in educational programs, workshops and/or conferences as requested.
- Displays ability to work in an ever-changing environment and participate constructively in change processes.
- Attends staff meetings, completes education program as requested or approved by OAI.
- Positions patients and adjusts equipment for MRI exams following established procedures and protocols.
- Instructs patients regarding procedures. Observes patients during examination.
- Follows prescribed safety standards in operating MRI equipment.
- Ensure that patients are pre-screened prior to exam to ensure patient safety, getting patient signatures and signing consent forms.
- Examines MRI images for high quality and properties such as contrast and window levels, magnification and artifacts, making adjustments as needed.
- Educate and inform patients and family members about their exam, providing excellent customer service with care and compassion at all time.
- Injects contrast media as ordered.
- Aids physician in biopsies and other interventional procedures.
- Review images to ensure that prior films or images and reports are available for the radiologist.
- Ensures that the sequences performed and the sequences in the RIS/Pacs are the same.
- Accurately complete all required forms and paperwork.
- In emergency setting, provide basic life support until code team or emergency personnel arrive.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Graduation from an approved School of Radiologic Technology required.
- Must be registered by the American Registry of Radiologic Technology (ARRT).
- MRI certification required.
- Must have a current Oregon Radiology License.
- One year of experience as a radiologic technologist preferred.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills required. Proper grammar skills required, including speaking, reading and writing.
- BLS certification required.
- Have the ability to meet the mental and physical demands of this position